Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The thought crossed my mind, that maybe some folks may not be familiar with Judy Chicago or other Feminist Artists. Judy Chicago is a talented artist and she has made many peices that I can really appreciate. There are some pieces of Femanist Art that I like alot (when I find some, they will be posted here) and alot of the work that, I have come across in this genre, are really well made and frought with symbolic meaning. Its when stuff tips the balance into more of a "therapy" art, feeling, that, to me,,, means it should stay private therapy art. I'd like to see the art that comes next, after the therapy art, when the person trancends their personal misery. Everybody already has their own personal misery staring them in the face,,,everyday, however, not everybody finds a way to rise of above it. My opinion is that I belive art should inspire and lift one up. Everywhere you turn, there is always something there to bum you out or is infuriating or a travisty. It is much harder to see and find the inspiring and something that makes you glad to be a human being. Its even harder to find creative work that makes a person glad to be female.

No comments:

Post a Comment